4.10.2012

awkward

so yesterday i had to meet with the big man to discuss an upcoming DV tour I am projo for.
I forget how anal and uptight this command is; i was there, so was my boss, and so was his boss and a few other people.
Being the junior person I waited until everybody had claimed their seats in his office...well  the only seat left was the one behind his desk..." i guess you will just have to sit there"
Um, no thank you.
How do you respond to that?  I should have just gone right behind his desk and pulled up a chair.
found myself between a rock and a hard spot.  awesome.  it's not awkward at all to 1. stand in a meeting while everyone else is sitting and/or 2. pull up a chair behind the big man's desk...not awkward at all.
so hey, I am the new guy and let me tell you, no I will not sit in your chair even if it's the only one available.  sorry 'bout it.

finally pulled a chair in from outside.

and then onto the meeting...
you know the times when you feel like you shouldn't be present for someone else's annhilation?
AWKWARD AGAIN.
Poor guy, he never saw it coming, and being the junior person I was sort of just glad it wasn't me after my brilliant first impression shortly before.

and now onto parade practice...
let me just say it's been four years since i've done a pass and review, but I am pretty sure i know it better than most. 
it is mind numbing stuff, and you would think for a base that does them quite often we wouldn't need to practice the entire week before an event.  BUT WE DO.

When i rule the world...the things i would change.

No comments:

Post a Comment